Friday, October 3, 2008

WEEK 7

This week's about social networking, think Facebook, Myspace and Bebo. Even though I consider myself slight anti-social, I actually have accounts for all three of those sites. Ha, just shows even I can't escape common trends of youngsters of today.

I added the the Auckland City Libraries bebo account as a friend (2 days later they accepted. Whoo i've got one more friend! lol what an accomplishment) and went onto Myspace to check out Maroon 5, one of my favourite bands.

I just visited the Hennepin County Library Facebook. I loved how they put the catalogue search on their page, what a good idea. But um since Facebook changed their layout, i find it really confusing navigating the pages.. don't you think that everything just looks so sparse? No more random bumper stickers, super wall posts or anything, just the basics. I miss the old layout..

Time for Picture of the week again!

























Image Credit: Flight of the Conchords Tribe

Flight of the Conchords' this awesome kiwi comedy duo/band that's making a name for themselves in the States. Check out their HBO series of the same name. It's hilarious! Here's a little scene from the series.

Mugger: What is this? Why does this phone have a camera glued to it?
Bret: It's a camera phone. Jemaine wanted one for his birthday.
Mugger: (To other mugger) Look at this. (To Bret) Oh yeah? Where'd you get it?
Bret: I made it. It's homemade.
Mugger: Yeah, it's a piece of shit.
Bret: Well, how come Jemaine likes it so much?
Jemaine: You can have it.

No comments: