Monday, November 24, 2008

WEB 2.0 tools

Hey, good to be back after... hmm.. i actually can't remember how long its been since i've done a post. Anyways, good to say that my exams are all over, only 3 this semester, thank goodness. All of them were kinda hard.. maths108 was a SOB (ok, not really i'm just complaining coz i was slow, ran out of time and didn't get to finish),

marketing201 was WTF, as in our new lecturer of the course wrote a completely off the wall exam, as opposed to just following what our old lecturer have been doing for the past few years. (he asked why causal statements are better conceptualized logically rather than proven statistically.. what?! we weren't even given any calculation questions and this was basically a stats course. i know, he's so gonna get sh*t for it).

French was the better out of the three, even though still hard, as to be expected from Kevin, our french lecturer. but since he's such a nice guy, he wrote in a little encouraging comment in the exam to keep us going.

Ok, enough of my ranting on exams, back to my journey traversing through the web2.0 technology. i'm suppose to be exploring some of the web2.0 technology listed on the Web2.0 Awards. I've decided to check out craighslist, an online classified website. You can advertise anything on there (and by anything, i mean absolutely anything), in different locations, america, europe and asia.

Here's just one of the more random (for the lack of a better adjective) ads that I've come across on craigslist.

best of craigslist > SF bay area > Nemesis required

Nemesis required


Date: 2008-05-07, 2:49PM PDT

I've been trying to think of ways to spice up my life. I'm 35 years old, happily married with two kids and I have a good job in insurance.

But somethings missing. I feel like I'm old before my time. I need to inject some excitement into my daily routine through my arm before its too late. I need a challenge, something to get the adrenaline pumping again.

An addiction would be nice, but, in short, I need a nemesis.

I'm willing to pay $350 up front for your services as an arch enemy over the next six months. Nothing crazy. Steal my parking space, knock my coffee over, trip me when I'm running to catch the BART and occasionally whisper in my ear, "Ahha, we meet again." That kind of thing.

Just keep me on my toes. Complacency will be the death of me. You need to have an evil streak and be blessed with innate guile and cunning. You should also be adept at inconspicuous pursuit. Evil laugh preferred.

Send me a photo and a brief explanation why you would be a good nemesis.

British accent preferred.

  • Compensation: $350 up front
Seriously, I swear there are people out there with too much time on their hands... (as in too much time spent on writing up hilarious craigslist ads. Nobody in their right mind would advertise for an nemesis to spice up their life right? right??)


No comments: