Saturday, August 30, 2008

Del.icio.us

I've seen the Del.icio.us link on web pages before but I just didn't know what it meant. Funny thing was I always thought that Del.icio.us was like in Spanish and said like "Del icio us" (meaning something like come see us... I dunno how I came to this conclusion) and just happened to resemble the English word "delicious".


So now I know what it is, "Delicious is a social bookmarking service that allows users to tag, save, manage and share web pages from a centralized source. With emphasis on the power of the community, Delicious greatly improves how people discover, remember and share on the Internet." From the Del.icio.us website.


I tried to have a look at the Discovery resources posted by Manukau Libraries Learning 2.0 but they were blocked by the City Council so I guess I'll just have to found out about this service myself.


Some of the pages saved to the Library del.icio.us account were quite useful, esp. this one article on YouTube statistics. I was looking for Youtube statistics before for a marketing assignment and could've have used this article.


Another good thing about Del.icio.us would be the access to your favourite pages from anywhere. I mainly use my computer at home and all my fav pages are saved there so I haven't come across a time where I forgot the webpage I wanted to see but can't remember. good to know that del.icio.us is there if I need it.


Del.icio.us Logo: Image Credit Chi Hi Earth Science




No comments: